cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoName and Reindexing Issue

Jay_Gienty
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I've setup some new doc types in test and added some keyword values into the autoname string.  I added some documents and the autoname string appeared.  I then went in and added more keywords into the AutoName string. I included literals before each keyword string so that the users will be able to identify them.   After I modified the autoname string I checked the Rename All Documents box. 

Going into the web client I could see the autoname string as I expected it should be.  In some cases not all the keyword values were there but the literals showed up.  So far so good as they were optional keywords.  

When I added missing keyword values and re-indexed the document the autoname string truncated to what the original autoname string was before I added in all of the addtional kewords.  Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3

Nathan_Jones3
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Have you done an IIS reset?  I suspect the "Rename All" updated the existing documents, but the Web Server doesn't yet see the new configuration so is using the old when you update the documents from within the Web Client.

So I have a question similar to this scenario.  we have an AFKS that updates KW's from our ERP and some of the KWs are in the auto-name.  We recently went LIVE with workflow so we are monitoring things right now.  A KW was changed but the value in the auto-name did not change.  Is there an option I need to set on the AFKS process that will update the auto-name?  The only thing I see in CONFIG is 'auto-folder updated documents'.  But nothing about auto-name.  

TY

Jay_Gienty
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Nate - That was the problem.  I didn't reset the cache or close the config manager so the web client didn't recognize the change.  The thick client was working.

Thanks!!!! Jay

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.