Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation API Functionality in Unity Client

Christopher_Per
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Good Afternoon -

We are in the process of looking at the Unity Client, and I just had a question pertaining to the API. Mainly, I have a question about the VB Scripting functionality that is available in the Thick Client. I have a script that if the User does not properly index specific documents, they would get message boxes saying that they had to fill in certain non mandatory keywords. Would something like this be possible in the Unity Client? Would VB Scripting that generates message boxes still work? And if it won't work, is there an API Equivalent that I can use to recreate this functionality? I am API Certified so recreating it in another language like C# isn't an issue.

I am being vague about the script but will go into more detail if needed. This script works perfectly fine in the Thick Client. I just need to know if there is message box functionality within the Unity Client (or it's equivalent). Thank you for any response you can provide.

We are currently using Onbase 13.2 for the Thick Client.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Rob_Herman
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Good morning,

In OnBase 14, we added many script hooks for the Unity API that provide the same features as VBScripts in the Thick Client. It sounds like the script you have might work as an IDocumentFileImportPreArchiveEventScriptdescribed here:

www.onbase.com/.../unity-script-hooks-document-import

If you head to late 2014 in the blog, there is a series of posts describing the new script hooks:

www.onbase.com/.../onbase_apis_blog

Unity API scripting is available either through C# or VB.NET, and you can refererence libraries such as System.Windows.Forms so displaying a message box or even more intricate UI is no problem.

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rob_Herman
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Good morning,

In OnBase 14, we added many script hooks for the Unity API that provide the same features as VBScripts in the Thick Client. It sounds like the script you have might work as an IDocumentFileImportPreArchiveEventScriptdescribed here:

www.onbase.com/.../unity-script-hooks-document-import

If you head to late 2014 in the blog, there is a series of posts describing the new script hooks:

www.onbase.com/.../onbase_apis_blog

Unity API scripting is available either through C# or VB.NET, and you can refererence libraries such as System.Windows.Forms so displaying a message box or even more intricate UI is no problem.

Hi Rob - Thank you for the reply. Currently, we are on version 13.2. Is there an equivalent to this in our version? Would we need to upgrade?

This is not available in OnBase 13. You would need to upgrade to have access to this functionality.