cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Create WorkView Record from Client Keywords?

Christopher_Tu1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Is it possible to auto create a new record in WorkView based on someone indexing a record in the Thick Client?    I am looking to eliminate having to index both the documents in the Client and then going to WorkView to create a new record that then displays those documents in folders.   

If this is possible how do I do it?   Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Jonathan_Finney
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hello Chris,

Thank you for posting to Community. I am not sure if you have gotten answer to your question yet or not but I wanted to put an answer out there for others that might be looking.

It is possible to create a WorkView Object from a document. This would be accomplished by using the 'Create WorkView Object from this Document' Workflow action. This action will only work in Core-based Workflow meaning that to perform this action, the client performing the action must be configured to user Core-based Workflow and not Classic Workflow.

Please note that in order to set a Document Type association on the action, you will need to create the Document Type mapping (attribute to keyword) on the WorkView Class.

For additional information on this Workflow action, please reference the Workflow MRG.

Thanks.

Jonathan Finney
Team Leader
Hyland Software Technical Support Department

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jonathan_Finney
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hello Chris,

Thank you for posting to Community. I am not sure if you have gotten answer to your question yet or not but I wanted to put an answer out there for others that might be looking.

It is possible to create a WorkView Object from a document. This would be accomplished by using the 'Create WorkView Object from this Document' Workflow action. This action will only work in Core-based Workflow meaning that to perform this action, the client performing the action must be configured to user Core-based Workflow and not Classic Workflow.

Please note that in order to set a Document Type association on the action, you will need to create the Document Type mapping (attribute to keyword) on the WorkView Class.

For additional information on this Workflow action, please reference the Workflow MRG.

Thanks.

Jonathan Finney
Team Leader
Hyland Software Technical Support Department