Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assertion Consumer Service URL when using "UseNewSAMLModulePath" setting

Jim_Bullen1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hello,

I was recently assisting a customer integrate their Okta instance with the Hyland IdP (3.4).  After authenticating from Okta they receive a 404 when trying to send the auth response to the Assertion Consumer Service URL.

This used to be https://<hosntame>/<applicationname>/Saml2/Acs 

When using the new SAML module path option, is this URL different?

I was unable to find any documentation on what this URL should be when using that option.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi @Jim Bullen ,

Yes, when you use set the UseNewSamlModulePath to true, this changes the URL of the ACS endpoints.   This is done to allow multiple SAML Providers.  When enabled, each of the SAML Providers will be referenced by a GUID.  You can reference the Entity ID and the ACS endpoints within the Hyland IDP metadata for the Provider.  The metadata can be downloaded by reference the Hyland IdP Metadata Location URL under the Provider.

87e7568e915d4aba96437931c562a50b

Best wishes.

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi @Jim Bullen ,

Yes, when you use set the UseNewSamlModulePath to true, this changes the URL of the ACS endpoints.   This is done to allow multiple SAML Providers.  When enabled, each of the SAML Providers will be referenced by a GUID.  You can reference the Entity ID and the ACS endpoints within the Hyland IDP metadata for the Provider.  The metadata can be downloaded by reference the Hyland IdP Metadata Location URL under the Provider.

87e7568e915d4aba96437931c562a50b

Best wishes.

@Adam Shane 

Thank you, that makes sense!

My pleasure @Jim Bullen