cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyland IdP SAML Provider setting changes in EP5 (2.10.1) for Decryption Certificate

Jim_Bullen1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hello,

I was recently playing around in the EP5 sandbox VM and was checking out the new features in the Hyland IdP Admin client.  I stumble upon one that raised a question for me.  In previous versions of the Hyland IdP, you could configure a signing and encryption certificate in the SAML provider to sign and encrypt the authentication request from the Hyland IdP to the 3rd party SAML provider.  In EP5 I see the signing certificate but instead of a encryption certificate it is called a decryption certificate with the description "Path to certificate used to decrypt SAML assertion"

Is this a change in functionality? It was my understanding that that certificate should come from the 3rd party SAML provider and we did not need to configure it on the SAML provider.  Do we no longer have the option to encrypt authentication requests from the Hyland IdP to the 3rd party SAML provider?

I was looking for the MRG for the 2.10.1 version of the Hyland IdP but was unable to find it on Community to read more about this.  Can someone point me in the right direction for the MRG and can I get clarification on this new (or at the very least renamed) setting?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi @Jim Bullen ,

This is the same functionality with a different name.

• Hyland IDP SAML Provider prior to 2.10

335ff4fa05754f07af836f33a7bc7de7

• Hyland IDP SAML Provider in 2.10

130fd903f9194dbb87c4da77b9f31230

Best wishes.

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi @Jim Bullen ,

This is the same functionality with a different name.

• Hyland IDP SAML Provider prior to 2.10

335ff4fa05754f07af836f33a7bc7de7

• Hyland IDP SAML Provider in 2.10

130fd903f9194dbb87c4da77b9f31230

Best wishes.

Jim_Bullen1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

@Adam Shane Thank you for the clarification! 

My pleasure.