cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API Query Limits

Warren_Evans1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I have been creating a web service for a client and as part of it I am executing a query for documents (using a unique keyword value and a document type).  I was under the impression that unity integration toolkit API connections to OnBase had a limit to how many queries could be executed in an hour (I believe 200?)  However, in my testing I am not seeing that this is the case.  For reference, we are on OnBase 18 and using a named user license.  What limits does an external API connection have in regards to executing queries?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Adam_Kuhn
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi Warren --

Per the SDK, both Named and Concurrent Client license types are limited to 200 queries per hour (keep in mind that GetDocumentByID() is not considered a query), outside of very specific circumstances using the OnBase Client API. A named user can have at maximum two connections open at the same time.

https://sdk.onbase.com/unitySDK/html/1c1350bb-3f17-4f5f-bce6-f2e1454ee8db.htm

-Adam

View answer in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Walter_Fernande
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello Warren

200 queries are the limit if you connect with a Named user in one session, but if you connect with a concurrent user you will need to activate QueryMetering (You will need Query per hour block licenses),

onbaseProps.LicenseType = LicenseType.QueryMetering;

You can try connecting and disconnecting with named user also (and will get another 200 qieries), I don't know if that method still works on new versions but in v 14 still do.

Query Metering uses a different license type entirely, actually -- Core Query API or Client Query API, depending upon user requirements.

Adam_Kuhn
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi Warren --

Per the SDK, both Named and Concurrent Client license types are limited to 200 queries per hour (keep in mind that GetDocumentByID() is not considered a query), outside of very specific circumstances using the OnBase Client API. A named user can have at maximum two connections open at the same time.

https://sdk.onbase.com/unitySDK/html/1c1350bb-3f17-4f5f-bce6-f2e1454ee8db.htm

-Adam

Adam,

Does an IWorkflowScript class use a Named or Concurrent Client License? Is an API script that is executed by an OnBase Workflow limited to 50 queries?