cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

procinterval column showing zero on scheduledprocess table even though configured for 5 minutes

Peter_Scaramuzz
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

A user has asked me to create a report of how sweep processes are configured in Onbase. My report displays the procinterval column to show the interval in minutes between sweeps. However I noticed some jobs are showing zero even though in config they are configured for 5 minutes. I did see some others that were configured for 5 minutes that show 5 minutes. The jobs aren't disabled and do show a last run date of today? Any ideas why some of these would come back as zero?

2 REPLIES 2

Joel_Moore1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Peter,

I am not a member of our Development group, but I do believe I have done enough testing to debunk what is occurring.

My testing shows that when the Scheduled Process is originally configured with the 'Once Every _ Minutes' option, visually we display '5' as the interval, but we store 0 in the procinterval column if you just hit 'Apply' during this stage of configuration. If at any point beyond the initial creation of the Scheduled Process I manually enter a value (except 0) and hit Apply, the specified value is then stored in the procinterval column. 

This begs the question as to why the '0' stored in the database is displayed visually as '5' in Schedule Management, and why does it execute on a 5 minute interval despite this. I believe this is due to conditional logic in the Scheduler evaluating that the Scheduled Process is indeed configured to run on an interval, and it knows that 0 actually means 5 minutes when this condition is satisfied. 

In order to accommodate your report, I would suggest adding conditional logic that checks whether the Scheduled Process is configured to run on an interval, and to display the interval as 5 if it is specified as 0. A flag value is set when a Scheduled Process is configured to run on an interval, which if you need assistance finding can be provided by your First Line of Support. 

Hope this helps.

Joel 

Excellent I am fine with doing a case statement but thought it was odd that some were 5 and some were zero. Could zero mean anything else besides 5 (e.g. disabled?) that I would need to account for? Other than that the case statement definitely works for me!!

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.