cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API DLLs?

David_Taylor
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I've downloaded the SDK from the resources tab and also the sample application... but I don't see the DLLs needed for integration anywhere. From my course lab materials I see versions 16.0.0.40 from 2016. Are these the latest?  If not, where do I download the latest Hyland.Types and Hyland.Unity DLLs?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

David_Taylor
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I was able to find the DLLs on our web enabler server.

View answer in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Alex_French
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Just like Dorothy's slippers, the DLLs were with you all along.

You can find Hyland.Unity.dll and Hyland.Types.dll in the install directories of your Unity Client, your AppServer, and probably some other Core-based tools in your environment.

For me, the easiest example is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hyland\Unity Client\Hyland.Unity.dll

David_Taylor
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Almost, we use the thick client so I only get half. Hyland.Types version 17.0.0.36 is there, but no Hyland.Unity.

Then head over to your AppServer install directory.

If you don't have an AppServer... you're going to be unhappy.  All Unity API work is done through an AppServer, with no direction connection from the client code to the database or disk groups.

Note that to use the Unity API from stand-alone code, you'll need to be licensed for and have in place an AppServer, *and* be licensed for the "Unity Integration Toolkit".

You don't need that license to write Unity Scripts.

We have the Web Enabler product installed which I believe includes the Integration Toolkit License. I'm also assuming that the same server it is installed with is the same server we would use for Unity API integrations... but maybe I'm wrong.

You were correct, I did find the dlls on that server.

Thanks for your help.