cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFKWS Question

Joe_Henning
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I created an AFKWS and assigned it a specific document type within a group.  And it worked.

Then, the client asked me to assign the same autofill and keywords to other documents within the same group. When I did this, the AFKWS doesn't perform as expected and continues to only work on the original document it was assigned to. I have been back and forth on the configurations, but cannot see where the problem is.

Client version is 11.0.x

Any recommendations? Has this behavior been observed before by you seasoned vets?

4 REPLIES 4

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Joseph,

In what context are you trying to expand the autofill (File Import, Re-index, Keyword pane, etc)? Also what client are you doing this in? If it's in one of the core based modules ensure that the Application pool has been reset after making these changes.

Thanks,

Joe_Henning
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

The autofill was an imported CSV containing 2 fields,

The primary kw for the autofill is a pull down (stock ticker symbol), and the subsequent field to populate is the company name associated to the ticker symbol.

The autofill works in retrieval, and Re-index on the document type I indicated just fine. Should also be working in document import, haven't tested.

When I go to the other doc types where both kw's are assigned, the pull down is available but data is empty.

I am dealing in only the thick client, as the customer did not go with Unity nor web.

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

I tried this scenario here and was unable to replicate it. I had created a document type with a keyword data set, the AFKS assigned, and had it expand and populate the drop down list without issue. I then created a second document type, assigned the same items and this one worked as well. I would probably recommend contacting your first line of support to look at this as it should work correctly.

Joe_Henning
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Thank you Justin, I think I've beaten my head on the wall long enough and I will contact my Hyland Team.