Patrick_Pittet
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hi,

I have an AFKS with the following informations

Building# (primary)AdressStoriesOwner#
1456 5th Avenue512345
1456 5th Avenue598765

So in the afks, every building that has more than one owner means that I have two or more rows for that building with only the owner ID that is different,

Now what I'm trying to do is for those cases, have only one instance of every secondary keywords EXCEPT for owner ID if I have more than one.

Actually, when importing document in onbase (DIP) and indexing with that AFKS, I find myself with all the keywords doubled (or tripled or more) for each number of row in my AFKS.

Is there a way to have only one of the secondary keyword (in my case ownerID) have multiple values while all the others stays as one occurence ?

Edit :

I played a bit with MIKG but don't quite understand how this works. Should I have only my building# and ownerID# in an MIKG and assign it to the concerned document types with the other keywords being single instance ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Brian_Smith
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hey Patrick,

You are correct that the problem has to do with the MIKG. In order for it to work like you described, you will want all of the keywords to be "loose" keywords outside of the MIKG. If you have the building # and ownerID# in an MIKG, then the building# will have duplicates as well.

Hope this helps.

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Brian_Smith
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hey Patrick,

You are correct that the problem has to do with the MIKG. In order for it to work like you described, you will want all of the keywords to be "loose" keywords outside of the MIKG. If you have the building # and ownerID# in an MIKG, then the building# will have duplicates as well.

Hope this helps.

Hey Brian,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

So if I understood correctly, I have to create a keyword group with only my OwnerID in it and make it a multi instance KG.
Then I can simply add this MIKG to my concerned document types and it should work ?

Thanks.

If you're only going to use a single keyword type in the group, I wouldn't think an MIKG would be necessary. You can have multiple instances of a single keyword type on a document without it needing to be in an MIKG.