cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AF does not process character "ñ" correctly.

CÃ_sar_GarcÃ_a
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I have an auto fill configured which is not correctly identifying the "ñ" character.
For example, for a surname "NUÑEZ" saves me "NUÃ'EZ".

I only have the problem with the autofill, that is, in manual indexing and unity scripts I do not have the problem.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Enrico_Stengert
Employee
Employee

Hi César, 

You should be able to verify if those particular characters are corrupted in the AutoFill Keyword Set Management  dialog within the Thick Client > Admin > AutoFill Keyword Sets > Management > select AutoFill Set > View All. 

My guess is, the characters do not appear correctly in there, which would explain why your autofill displays it that way when executing the autofill but works properly when performing manual indexing or saving. You can modify the values in this dialog as long as your OnBase solution allows this modification without any negative impact on your system. 

As to why this characters is not properly encoded, I can only assume you used an AutoFill import processor to either populate this set or store these values using a different import process. I recommend reviewing your import processes and verify if you changed any compression or text encoding setting for those processes. If that is not the case and you are not using any unusual or incorrect settings, please reach out to your first line of support to investigate this further. 

Thanks,

Rico  

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Enrico_Stengert
Employee
Employee

Hi César, 

You should be able to verify if those particular characters are corrupted in the AutoFill Keyword Set Management  dialog within the Thick Client > Admin > AutoFill Keyword Sets > Management > select AutoFill Set > View All. 

My guess is, the characters do not appear correctly in there, which would explain why your autofill displays it that way when executing the autofill but works properly when performing manual indexing or saving. You can modify the values in this dialog as long as your OnBase solution allows this modification without any negative impact on your system. 

As to why this characters is not properly encoded, I can only assume you used an AutoFill import processor to either populate this set or store these values using a different import process. I recommend reviewing your import processes and verify if you changed any compression or text encoding setting for those processes. If that is not the case and you are not using any unusual or incorrect settings, please reach out to your first line of support to investigate this further. 

Thanks,

Rico