cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced capture question

Eric_Winholt
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hey there, I'm brand new to OnBase, I've been using it for two weeks, and I've got a question about advanced capture. My issue is that I'm capturing employee IDs from paycheck images, their format is four letters, followed by seven numbers. Their are certain instances were advanced capture is grabbing DAV1* instead of DAVI*, or WH1T* instead of WHIT*. I can manually enter in a find and replace rule for each specific example, but there's gotta be some way to write one statement to cover and correct all of the problematic IDs. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

Valentine_Toka2
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Filtering can help

Quick answer would be to consider the suspect levels and maybe consider marking the search alpha only.  This way your number values maybe over look.

It's an alphanumeric keyword value that I need, so I don't think that will work. It's not a huge deal, but any time I'm correcting anything by hand, there's got to be a better way. 🙂

Valentine_Toka2
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Then it will be your suspect level.  changing this will help the software see the accuracy.  This will add time to processing but in the long run it could help with the manual process.

Eric_Winholt
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I tried messing with the Suspect Level initially, and continued to encounter the issue, so I defined a bunch of lookup and replace rules, and that fixed it for the future. I'm looking into expressions in Workflow now, and if I figure out a way to fix the existing issues, I'll post it here.