cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Keywords/Columns to External Autofill Keyword Sets

Brett_Booz
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Is it possible to add columns to an existing external autofill keyword set? Config let me do it by adding the new columns to the end and it tests OK in Config, but it hasn't worked yet in the Unity Form that uses that AFKS. I reset the server cache. Do I have to do an IISRESET? Is there something else that needs to happen to make this work? Are there issues exporting and importing (replacing) the existing external AFKS in another instance?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Denis_Hands
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

In version 17 I noticed that I had to remove the keywords from the form and essentially put them back on the form then rechoose the AFKs on the primary keyword.

Maybe try adding all the keywords to the form first (without removing) then changing the below to <None> and back to see if it will allow you to change it without having to pull your form apart.

478e46ead4f4499ca33be3a85ed8b867

Noticed that in my years the same happens when I change the length of some keywords and masking etc, as I think it must create some sort of mapping in the background that only triggers on adding to a form eg form doesn't notice that the keywords etc have been changed in the background.

I would be interested to hear if this is still a thing, I might have to sandbox to try.

Edit: Sandboxed EP5 and it looks like you can just drop the new keyword in with not touching any existing keywords/layouts

Thanks @Denis Hands!

That worked in my test system. Thankfully, there wasn't a lot of fields to replace. 

@Brett Booz

Brett, just curious, what version of OnBase are you using?

Thanks.

-Scott

Further to my comments, it looks like it might have changed somewhere along the line as I was able to add a keyword directly without pulling anything off in EP5 with a quick test