Prahar_Shah
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

How can I add attachments to document through API

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Lood_Strydom1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I'm not sure if this would solve your problem, but my approach would be as follows:

• Set up the two different doc types in config, for the PDF/Form and the Excel document
  • Set up Cross-References for the PDF/Form, referencing the Excel doc by some common keyword that you should have on both doc types
  • Import and index the documents through the API as you described - the Excel doc should appear as xref doc to the form

Hope this helps . . .

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Adam_Kuhn
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi Prahar --

When you say "add attachments" to what action in the client are you referring?

Actually I created .NET form and once user Submit that form I converted that form into PDF and also import some Grid values in Excel document. Now I tried to Upload that PDF/Form to OnBase that I can do successfully but How can I add attachment (Excel Document) to that PDF/Form in OnBase through API ?

Lood_Strydom1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I'm not sure if this would solve your problem, but my approach would be as follows:

• Set up the two different doc types in config, for the PDF/Form and the Excel document
  • Set up Cross-References for the PDF/Form, referencing the Excel doc by some common keyword that you should have on both doc types
  • Import and index the documents through the API as you described - the Excel doc should appear as xref doc to the form

Hope this helps . . .

Yes. Yesterday I though after some research so working on my OnBase WCF Service to add cross reference in document. Will update here if its work. Thanks for your answer.