cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account and License Management

Seth_Yantiss
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Over the last few years I've been the lone admin for our OnBase implementation.  As such, I've been pretty busy just keeping up with day to day troubleshooting of problems, Drive Space monitoring and procuring, Server EOL, etc, but we've also rolled out new document types and workflows to different AOR's. 

One of the headaches that has always plagued me was keeping up with licenses.  Some people leave, new hires come on...  I run out of licenses, and have to figure out where I can free some.  Not keeping up with assigned licenses also makes it hard to budget for next year or even next month.

I've been getting more and more involved in Unity scripting lately and had an epiphany...   Why not write a script that looks at all my OnBase user accounts (we're AD integrated) and determines if the account is disabled (or exists at all) and remove the licenses from that user, and lock the account?

So that's what I did.   I figure that there are others out there (probably everyone that's AD integrated) who also has this problem, so I decided to share.

Below you will find the script I wrote.  If you decide to implement it, here's what you'll need.  A workflow queue with a timer that runs the script every week or haowever often you want to run it.  I usually run scripts as rules so that I can tell if it fails by sending myself a notification.  This script can run as a rule.  You'll need a new OnBase group (you'll note the name I went with in the script (AM_Exclude)).  You'll want to add any OnBase User accounts (Manager, Administrator, Etc), or accounts you do not want evaluated, to this group.  You'll need to modify the entry for your domain controller and domain DC (maybe the CN of your "user" folder too).  Make sure to add the reference to "System.DirectoryServices"

That should be all you have to do.  I wrote this fairly quick and dirty, but it works.  I am absolutely open to suggested improvements, modifications, etc.

Cheers,
Seth

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[CODE REMOVED]

1 REPLY 1

Patrick_Ramser
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I believe this code was removed due to a) the size and complexity b) causing unsupported issues or c) being dangerous for certain environments. Regardless, if anybody has a question or inquiry related licensing and user mangement just open a new thread.

I'll mark this as 'Answered' since I'm not sure what else to do wtih it.

Cheers!