cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access documents from within CRM 2013

Tony_Pros
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hello, I am trying to figure out how to make this integration happen. We do not have the money to have a vendor do the integration, so I am going to try my hand at it. I have been looking for documentation or how-to's online. Alas, no luck, surely were not the only organization in all the earth that wants to access documents in Onbase from within from MS Dynamics CRM 2013. Does anyone have insight, resources or how-to's to help me accomplish this integration?

3 REPLIES 3

Seth_Yantiss
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Tony,

This looks like a hosted solution much like SalesForce.  I don't know MS Dynamics CRM, but I do a little bit of integration with SalesForce regarding document retrieval.  So I guess I'll take a shot...

With no money and no support, your best approach (IMHO) is to use DOCPOP URL Links in your CRM app.  Documents can be pulled up through a URL link with OnBase DocPop in a variety of ways.  And the DocPop URL string is really easy to adjust and configure.

Check out your DocPop URL Creator: appnet/docpop/docpopurlcreator.aspx

On your OnBase site, this link can help you create URL's that pop open documents hosted from OnBase.  These Pop's can be programmed to pop open documents by keyword... by specific document handles, from custom queries...  etc.

If you have any programming capabilities...  when the doc is stored in OnBase it can be stored with an ID that your CRM app knows and then a URL can be created that will pop open the document you're looking for.

Best of luck with your integration!!

Cheers, Beer
Seth 

Tony_Pros
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Our Dynamics CRM version is not hosted, it's on-premises. We have Aprox 6 servers that handle the entire CRM Application.

We also don't have a web interface to our onBase system. I can put it on if it's part of the normal onBase install. Is the URLpop solution still reccomended in this instance? I really hoped there was a simple plugin that list documents containing the id number of the CRM record you were in, and then allow you to open and view them.

Jonathan_Thorn2
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Web Server is a separate module, I would check to see if you have it though.

Another option is Application Enabler if you have that.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.