cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted Device Registration in OnBase Mobile Broker

Stephen_Beck
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

We have installed and configured the Mobile Broker Server on the customer's server and have downloaded the OnBase 16 App onto an iPad. When we enter the URL for the Mobile Broker server into the app on the iPad we get a message that reads "Sorry, but we couldn't find the server. Make sure there isn't a typo here and try again". We have confirmed that there is not typo. In the Diagnostic Console under the Errors tab, there is a message "the file 'MobileBroker/Registration.ashx' does not exist". Under the Mobile Raw tab there is a message "https://<server>/MobileBroker/Registration.ashx" and another message that reads "Output message can not be displayed. Message : text/html". 

We went back and made sure that nothing that we did during the initial installation and configuration of the Mobile Broker server activated Device Registration. I found that the IIS role settings described on page 24 of the Mobile Broker MRG (Basic Authorization and URL Authorization) were checked so I unchecked those. I also unchecked Windows Authentication. On the OnBase side, the Authentication settings for the MobileBroker.svc service page are set for Autonomous Enabled and all others disabled; same for the MobileBroker virtual directory. Finally, I reviewed the web.config file for the MobileBroker server and "enableDeviceRegistration" is set to false and all of the "Device Registration" sections are commented out. I then restarted the server. 

I closed and re-opened the OnBase 16 app on the iPad and typed in the MobileBroker server URL. I tapped Next and the same errors occur.

Any input or feedback would be appreciated.

Steve Beck

6 REPLIES 6

Zach_McGuire
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi Stephen, 

Thanks for using product communities. Some of the most common things I would recommend checking to troubleshoot connection errors would be the following: 

If you continue to face connection issues after verifying these items please contact your first line of support. 

Thanks, 

Zach McGuire, OCI

QA Analyst II | Mobile Applications

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Stephen!

Thanks for the detailed post.

Sometimes it is easier to start with a fresh web.config for the Mobile Broker than it is to reverse engineer all of the settings within the file.  That being said, there are a few sections within the web.config which need to be commented out in order to disable Device Registration.  These include:

• Commenting out Hyland.Mobile.SecureAccountConfiguration section
  • Commenting out Hyland.Mobile.SMTPConfiguration section
  • Commenting out Hyland.Mobile.DeviceAuthConfiguration section
  • Setting enableDeviceAuth to FALSE
  • Commenting out the "Registration.ashx_*" key under the <system.webServer> block
  • Commenting out the <Hyland.Mobile.SecureAccountConfiguration> block
  • Commenting out the <Hyland.Mobile.SMTPConfiguration> block
  • Commenting out the <Hyland.Mobile.DeviceAuthConfiguration> block

On top of this you need to make sure that Basic Authentication is NOT enabled on the ServiceToBroker.svc file and MobileBroker.svc files within the Mobile Broker virtual directory.  If you had updated the content specific authentication to enable Basic Authentication, it should be disabled and Anonymous should be enabled.

That should be it.

Take care.

Adam.

I re-installed the MobileBroker server and made sure all of your conditions are met. We continue to get the error messages in Diagnostic Console

Steve Beck

Hi Steve!

I would recommend working with your first line of support to further troubleshoot this issue since it will likely require a dial in to see the configuration.

Take care.
Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.