cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the "OnBase" menu not being displayed in Microsoft Word 2007?

Ed_Martin
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

The Office Business Application is installed but the "OnBase" menu is not being displayed in Word 2007. Why is the menu option not being diplayed?

5 REPLIES 5

Ed_Martin
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Verify the correct MSO.dll file version:

1) Browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Office12

2) Right click on the MSO.dll and select Properties.

3) Select the Version tab and verify the version.

4) If the version is incorrect.  Replace the MSO.dll with the correct version – 12.0.6520.5000.

5) Microsoft Hotfix KB976477.  This hotfix places an MSO.dll file in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Office12.  This file needs to be version 12.0.6520.5000.  

Carrie_Chase
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I was reading this response to the 2007 office, is the that still the current version?  The version I am showing is 12.0.6662.5000 for Office 2007. 

[quote user="Ed Martin"]

The Office Business Application is installed but the "OnBase" menu is not being displayed in Word 2007. Why is the menu option not being diplayed?

When opening a Word document from OnBase it opens outside of OnBase in the MS Word program and cannot be edited. Does Office Business Application correct this and bring in the missing OnBase Tool bar? 

Michael_Bernard
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Carrie,

Since the Word document opens externally within Word, I'm assuming the document is being opened from the OnBase Web Client. Is that right?

If so, installing the Office Business Applications will allow the document to be edited and saved back to OnBase. Once installed, Word documents opened from the Web Client will continue to open externally in Word, but the OnBase ribbon will be available, making a variety of OnBase functionality available to the document.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Michael Bernardi

Carrie_Chase
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Thanks Michael,

Yes Web Based.

Is this because it is Office 2007?  With Office 2003, the Word Document opens in the OnBase Application.