cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While installing EP3 VPD using SCCM package security warning is throwing up

Aswini_Sangaraj
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

MSI file has been added to trusted publisher still throwing certificate warnings. Also, cert expiration date is showing as 5/4/2022 so VPD doesnt work after 5/4 is that correct? How can we extend the cert expiration date?

22 REPLIES 22

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

MSI file has been added to trusted publisher still throwing certificate warnings. Also, cert expiration date is showing as 5/4/2022 so VPD doesnt work after 5/4 is that correct? How can we extend the cert expiration date?

Hello,

The VPD will continue to work after 5/4/2022. It's only the certificate that is for the Virtual Printer itself that is expiring. I have engaged Hyland Support on this and they have told me that they aren't being told when a new certificate will be issued. I have now engaged my Account Manager to dig into this as I would also like to figure out when we can expect to get a new certificate.

Just as a reminder, make sure that you are importing the certificate onto the computer before you do the VPD installation or else your VPD installation will hang because it is waiting for you to approve the import of the certificate.

Hope this helps. 🙂

Thanks.

Ryan

Aswini_Sangaraj
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Thanks Ryan. Are you sure that after 5/4 VPD will work? Why I'm asking is Hyland analyst said that after cert expires VPD  will not work.

Ken_Piper
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Thanks Ryan. Are you sure that after 5/4 VPD will work? Why I'm asking is Hyland analyst said that after cert expires VPD will not work.

We may need more information from the OP. Per Hyland VPD is backwards compatible and independent of OnBase version. So, does this happen with the EP5 VPD installer as well?  I did check to see if they had an updated VPD delivered post-PrintNightmare panic last year, but the currently available VPD in our download section looks to be from 3/12/20 (only checked x64 version, as we aren't supporting x86 windows much anymore).

Ken

Amanda_Luceen
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hello All, 

We typically receive the new certificate around a month before the previous certificate expires. At that point Hyland updates the certificate in our official build. So you can expect this update sometime in April. 

You can still use VPD with the expired cert, but you wouldn't be able to install new instances. 

I hope this clarifies things some. We are tracking this under FDTN-2130 if you want to reach out to your FLOS to be added to the ticket. 

Cheers, 

Amanda

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.