cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting out a single document to two different document types in advanced capture

Keith_Malek1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello All,

I'm wondering if there is a way, in advanced capture, to take one document and split it out into two different document types?

i.e. Take the first page of a 5 page document and making it document type A with certain keywords and the rest of the pages and indexing them as document type B with certain keywords?

2 ACCEPTED ANSWERS

Liz_Boultinghou
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Keith!
Short answer: Yes. 🙂 It's all in the configuration of your forms.

Our scenario is not yours exactly, as we carry the same keywords over on our AC forms, but the ability to do what you want is definitely there.

Liz

View answer in original post

Ray_Gerwig
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Hello Keith. 

Document separation in Advanced Capture is performed by evaluating pages to see if a first page of a new document is identified.  Each document is identified by something unique found only on the first page of that document.  More details can be found in the Advanced Capture MRG... just search for the section called Configuring Document Breaks.  This should help you get well on your way.

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Liz_Boultinghou
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Keith!
Short answer: Yes. 🙂 It's all in the configuration of your forms.

Our scenario is not yours exactly, as we carry the same keywords over on our AC forms, but the ability to do what you want is definitely there.

Liz

Keith_Malek1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor
Would you be able to tell me how or point me to a doc that could?

Liz_Boultinghou
Star Contributor
Star Contributor
the Advanced Capture MRG is very helpful. We are finding that each scenario will be slightly different.

Here is what we've done for one of our processes:

All documents are saved to a network directory, then swept into OnBase via a scan queue, to a specific document type. That document type kicks off a workflow that pulls the keywords out of the file name of the document and assigns them to that specific document type. The WF also identifies documents based on the file name. If it says, for example, "ID in the file name, that document is automatically sent to the Identification document type. All other documents are sent to the Advanced Capture queue for AC process. AC will compare all of my AC forms to EACH page in EACH file imported. As it finds matches, those documents are pulled out of the file and parsed out to their respective document types. Our AC forms are configured to have the keywords carry over to the newly assigned document types. Anything that is not matched stays in the original document type, which we consider a "supporting document". It still has all of the keywords associated, so it is available via various queries.

Liz

Ray_Gerwig
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Hello Keith. 

Document separation in Advanced Capture is performed by evaluating pages to see if a first page of a new document is identified.  Each document is identified by something unique found only on the first page of that document.  More details can be found in the Advanced Capture MRG... just search for the section called Configuring Document Breaks.  This should help you get well on your way.