cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan queue sweep with seperate daily subfolders

Tabatha_Frantz
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I have a department that is having images sent to a folder location multiple times throughout the day via a wireless SD card in a camera.

The camera can only be configured to create a daily subfolder when uploading.

(OnBase is set to look at Wound Healing folder. Camera is creating 'Wound Healing\9_3_13' folders and so on.)

There is an option in config to sweep all subfolders, but this also looks at the 'processed' backup folder the sweep creates for the images it already processed.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to set this up?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Amanda_Luceen
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

I did find an SCR that would address this issue. I can add your account to it.

One of the workarounds mentioned in it was to utilize custom processing in the scan queue Process Options that would run a VB Script. This script could move the existing folder to a different location prior to the next batch being brought in.

Thanks!

Amanda

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Amanda_Luceen
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hi Tabatha,

Sorry my earlier response was blank for some reason.

Would the "Delete Disk Files" and "Delete Folders" option work for you? After OnBase is finished sweeping the files in it would delete them and they would then not be swept in again.

Thanks,

Amanda

Tabatha_Frantz
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I was looking into the Delete Disk files option, but the department would really like to keep a backup of the files 'just in case'

Are you aware of any way to configure it so that after the sweep the images are placed in a backup folder outside of the main folder as to not be picked up by the sweep again and be reprocessed? the only thing i can think of is using a script to move the files; just didnt know if there are any options within OnBase config to do this that would be easier.

Amanda_Luceen
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

I did find an SCR that would address this issue. I can add your account to it.

One of the workarounds mentioned in it was to utilize custom processing in the scan queue Process Options that would run a VB Script. This script could move the existing folder to a different location prior to the next batch being brought in.

Thanks!

Amanda

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.