cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg Expression for specific String

Luke_Nguyen
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I'm trying to capture the check amount that is in a box in the following format $****6,897.71  .  I haven't been able to get the numeric value back in a consistent manner with the suspect level below 90.  Any ideas how I can improve this?  Use a regular expression?  Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED ANSWERS

The simplest way to extract it might be to set the filtering to all character types, and then in the 'specific allowed characters' field, enter the values: 0123456789.  (note the period on the end)

This way the engine will attempt to read everything, then before assigning to the keyword, it will remove all characters except for the allowed ones (the numeric digits and the decimal point).

View answer in original post

It might be worth upgrading it to 16.6 (this will work with your existing OnBase version).  I don't know for sure that this is something that Nuance has addressed, but if the problem still occurs in the highest available version, then I can take it up with Nuance.

View answer in original post

9 REPLIES 9

The simplest way to extract it might be to set the filtering to all character types, and then in the 'specific allowed characters' field, enter the values: 0123456789.  (note the period on the end)

This way the engine will attempt to read everything, then before assigning to the keyword, it will remove all characters except for the allowed ones (the numeric digits and the decimal point).

Luke_Nguyen
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

That's how I currently have it configured currently.  The issue appears to be those pesky asterisks.  I'm not sure why, but it makes the OCR engine return extra digits.

Is the issue that some/all of the asterisks are being misread as numeric digits?

Luke_Nguyen
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Yes, that is correct.  Most of the times it would always be an extra digit for the first number in the sequence.  In this example 66,897.71.  Everything is checked in Filtering except MICR data as well.