Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Platter Management Error

John_Marchant
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

All of a sudden I have:

Problem locating ID file for diskgroup:  The uncommitted copy of the disk group is currently offline.

Error:  GetIdFile 2:-6

Anyone know how to fix this?

I can get to the shares with \\myshare, so I don't know what might be wrong.  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

John_Marchant
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I get this error when trying to commit a document.

The client is getting a file permission access error from the OS when it tries to open the diskgroup ID file.  Verify that you can browse to the ID file for the uncommitted diskgroup and open it, using the same share path as is configured in the diskgroup configuration.  It sounds like the security permissions on the share might have changed, or maybe the permissions on the ID file itself.

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Johnny,

As Steve mentiond, this issue typically occurs when a user does not have the necessary permission to the share.  Simply browsing out to the Disk Group does not always prove that the necessary permissions are granted.  Browsing will only demonstate the READ permission, not the WRITE permission.  You might want to try using a program like Process Monitor to determine where the permissions are failing. 

Additionally, if you are using DDS, make sure that the DDS Service is running and that the account running the service has the necessary permissions.

Take care.