cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keeping the filename when importing

Christopher_Wi3
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

We have some historical photos that need to be imported into OnBase, and there was a question about any option to keep the original filename (or at least be able to search by it).  These files are organized by project/folder, with names similar to "Project X - 0001.jpg", "Project X - 0002.jpg", "Project X - 0003.jpg"

With Unity, I know that I can highlight a bunch of images at once, drag them into the client, type in a Description of "Project X", and choose the option to create a single OnBase document, with all of these images within.   I also know that I can configure a scan queue and associated batching scanning/processing, which will accomplish the same thing.

While either of those options *might* be sufficient, is there any way to use/capture the original image filename, in order to be able to search for a specific image (versus scrolling through 15-20 smallish thumbnails to find the right one)?

Thanks for any input/ideas.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Ray_Gerwig
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Hi Christopher.  If you add a Keyword to the Document Type, which has a Keyword Type Setting of Processing File Name Keyword.  The Sweep option will fill the file name into this Keyword Type on the document.

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ray_Gerwig
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Hi Christopher.  If you add a Keyword to the Document Type, which has a Keyword Type Setting of Processing File Name Keyword.  The Sweep option will fill the file name into this Keyword Type on the document.

Thank you, Ray!  I tested it in Hyland sandbox/lab, and it worked as you described.

Does only the sweep option do this? And do you have to set the Sweep configuration to do this or is it automatic? Thank you!

Hi Tonya, 

Yes, this only works when sweeping/importing a file from disk. You don't have to set anything else up (other than what Ray mentioned) in order to do this. 

Hope that helps!

Cheers, 

Amanda

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.