cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to automatically purge empty batches?

Joy_Wood
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Have a capture process that runs documents through image conversion from PDF to TIFF.  This generates a SYS Verification report for the image conversion that is included in the batch.  But as documents flow through the capture process, "like" document types are grouped in batches in the Combine Batch Status step.  This ends up leaving the SYS verification reports in the original batch - with no status step to perform.  These were confusing end users because there is no action to perform...and they were piling up.  I have been having to manually purge these batches every day.  I created a workflow process that deletes these verification reports in hopes of the now "empty" batch being removed from the scan queue.  That did not solve it.  I'm trying to find an automated solution to getting rid of these batches with nothing in them.  Any suggestions?  I would like to create more capture processes in other areas but have to resolve this issue before I can do that.

4 REPLIES 4

Priya_K
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hi Joy,

'Export' status step could solve your issue , which has option to delete the system documents if there is no other documents remain in the original batch .

Hi @Joy Wood,

Did Priya's suggestion answer your question? Let us know by selecting the green "ACCEPT ANSWER" button on this post!

Catalin_Olaru
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi,

is there any solution for this issue? I am facing the same problem on OnBase 18.

Thank you!

Hi @Catalin Olaru,

I am not sure what the outcome of this original thread was.

You can possibly setup a scheduled commit process and allow documents to enter workflow on commit vs. during processing.

Once the documents are processed through workflow you can enact the ‘Purge Document’ action (There is a ‘Purge Document’ option in workflow that can be used after the document processes through workflow) and/or setup Document Retention.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for asking in our Community!

~Alan

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.