Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automate a complete Advanced Capture work process

Andy_Zhao
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hi,

Generally, for a complete advanced capture work process, three steps are needed: capture->archival-> search (retrieval)

Hence, how can we automate these process using Onbase?

After checking MRG, I have known how to automate Advanced Capture process ( automatically process batches once they enter the Awaiting Advanced Capture queue). But how do we automate the complete process, from capture to retrieval?

Please advise.

Thank you,

Andy

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Hi Andy,

Automating the capture and retrieval parts of the process depend on your business processes...for example, for the capture piece, where are the documents to be captured coming from? If they are paper that need to be physically scanned by a user, then this would be an interactive process and not really "automated" per se. However, if the documents are for example coming from an external source via transmitted files, then you could potentially automate the ingestion of these documents in different ways (perhaps automated e-mail import, or scheduled sweeping into a scan queue, etc.)

The same would be true of the retrieval aspect - this is generally an interactive type of operation (a user needs to look up a specific document for research purposes, for example) and not something that would be generally "automated". However, depending again your specific business processes, perhaps you want to allow a user to perform a search from another application that is integrated with OnBase, or a federated search across many different repositories, etc. In these cases, the retrieval maybe be "automated" in the sense that the OnBase retrieval API is being used by some type of portal or other access point, and the user isn't directly interacting with OnBase on the surface...

I would suggest discussing your particular business needs related to capture and retrieval directly with your solution provider as he or she could offer a more tailored answer specific to your individual implementation.

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Andy,

Automating the capture and retrieval parts of the process depend on your business processes...for example, for the capture piece, where are the documents to be captured coming from? If they are paper that need to be physically scanned by a user, then this would be an interactive process and not really "automated" per se. However, if the documents are for example coming from an external source via transmitted files, then you could potentially automate the ingestion of these documents in different ways (perhaps automated e-mail import, or scheduled sweeping into a scan queue, etc.)

The same would be true of the retrieval aspect - this is generally an interactive type of operation (a user needs to look up a specific document for research purposes, for example) and not something that would be generally "automated". However, depending again your specific business processes, perhaps you want to allow a user to perform a search from another application that is integrated with OnBase, or a federated search across many different repositories, etc. In these cases, the retrieval maybe be "automated" in the sense that the OnBase retrieval API is being used by some type of portal or other access point, and the user isn't directly interacting with OnBase on the surface...

I would suggest discussing your particular business needs related to capture and retrieval directly with your solution provider as he or she could offer a more tailored answer specific to your individual implementation.

Valentine_Tokar
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

My answer is simple. Yes you can.

I had created a process that verified check boxes on signature cards. You need samples and then you need to build them and of course you need the license on the client/server. Once configured, my process ran from 4:30 until 9:00 pm. There will need to be someone to monitors the queue because you may have zone issues (based on the end users scanning preferences- this was in onbase 15 may be better in newer versions.) that may not get indexed. Also if the quality of the scans are less than 200 dpi. This will cause problems.

Another process I had was capturing account numbers. Same problem is printing with the correct sizes but I managed to get it working 75%.

Val

Valentine_Tokar
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I am not using today. Sorry.

But if I remember. You can scan the documents. Then in the index queue, right click the batch and I think as long as the server/client is licensed you should see settings there on the right click hook. You will have to make sure your capture is configured and then you should be able to select the scheduler in onbase and set the job up.

Val

Julie_Richer
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I have a scheduled sweep process that brings the documents into OnBase and then moves it the advanced capture queues in which it reads the documents zones that I had configured.  As long as the batch has no errors it will index the batch fully.  

I am not sure what you mean about retrieval as that would be custom to each user.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.