cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to add batch document to Workflow

Tom_Benoit
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I have a sweep process that sends the doc to an advanced capture queue.  In the process options for the sweep I have "Initiate workflow" checked off on "During Commit."  If I manually commit this batch it will work and go into my workflow queue.  If I wait until the scheduled commit process hits, it puts the document into the incomplete commit queue with a notification of "failed to add batch document to Workflow."

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Tom

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Tom,

I would suggest working with your first line of support to troubleshoot this issue further.

Thanks,

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Larry_Henry
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Tom,

I don't know if this is still an issue or not but I have this same problem and have worked with our FLOS a couple of times. From what I am told it seems that the re-index that happens when documents go through Advanced Capture is different than when documents are manually re-indexed. For some reason Advanced Capture does not associate the document type with the workflow. If you have found a solution, I would love to hear about it. Currently we are testing using Unity Capture Process to import the documents from DIP, send to Advanced Capture, send to Workflow, send to Awaiting Commit. So far the results have been  little sketchy because if Advanced Capture cannot fully index the documents then they get "stuck" in a batch processing queue and we have had some difficulty in troubleshooting.

Hope this information is helpful,

Larry Henry

Larry

Thanks for the info, I cant remember what my resolution was but I did get past the doc being stuck in commit.  I agree that advanced cap and manually indexing behave differently.  I have seen discrepancies between the two with auto-fill keyword sets.  So your issue is that you cant get the document to hit the workflow after advanced cap preforms its tasks?  Is the advanced capture setup as a legacy scan queue or through CPD?