cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when processing barcodes

Nat_Mara
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

I am sure I have asked my VAR before about this, but am unable to find the answer, so I will post here.   Each of our courts has their own scan queues set up with court specific document types.  Users are automatically added to AD groups, which have permission to only their documents.  Scan queues are using Bar Code process, which is set up for all court documents.

When users scan docments, and it reads bar code sheet,as it is showing bar code values, they will often see "Error! The document type is not allowed" message in red.  Bar codes are actually read fine, hwoever some of the courts think there is an error and they discard scanned pages and contact me to troubleshoot.   Is there a way to resolve this issue without having to create separate BC processes for each individual court?

regards,

Nat

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Hi Nat,

The issue is most likely that the document type(s) being resolved from the bar codes aren't assigned to the scan queue itself - the 'document type is not allowed' error means that the bar code process was able to determine a document type from the bar code's value (and therefore the document type is properly assigned to the bar code process), but then it wasn't able to actually assign it to the current document because the current scan queue does not allow this document type (as specified at Config | Import | Scan Queues | Document Types).  So perhaps there are one or more scan queue(s) that the users are using that are missing document type(s) that can legitimately be picked up by the bar codes  for that particular court.

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Nat,

The issue is most likely that the document type(s) being resolved from the bar codes aren't assigned to the scan queue itself - the 'document type is not allowed' error means that the bar code process was able to determine a document type from the bar code's value (and therefore the document type is properly assigned to the bar code process), but then it wasn't able to actually assign it to the current document because the current scan queue does not allow this document type (as specified at Config | Import | Scan Queues | Document Types).  So perhaps there are one or more scan queue(s) that the users are using that are missing document type(s) that can legitimately be picked up by the bar codes  for that particular court.

Nat_Mara
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

thanks Steve,

I think I understand your response, but I think it is set up correctly.  Here isdocuments for  scan queue 0403:

Here is bar code process assigned to SQ 0403:

And here are document types in the BC process:

Lastly, here is a snip of the original error message:

It references Disk group 112, and all 3 of those docs are set up there.  Anyhow, I have removed some other docs that are no longer being scanned from BC process, reset cache and will see if that resolves.  thanks a lot.

Well, I think that the doc type bar code it is reading off of that page is resolving to a document type *other than* one of the 3 document types you have assigned to the scan queue, and this is what is causing the error.

Nat_Mara
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator
You must be right. my fix did not resolve it.