cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 15129 : Unable to access destination disk group, please contact system administrator

Michael_Snyder
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Action: "Enter a name to start a new batch or "Cancel" to select an existing batch"

User Entered : 2013-12-20-JGALLEN

Result : Error 15129 : Unable to access destination disk group, please contact system administrator

I have been unable to find this error code.  The user has informed me that the last time this error occurred, it was resolved by having our network administrator grant read/write privileges to the OnBase disk group (the volume on the web/app server that is attached to the SAN disk that is provisioned as a drive volume to the OnBase System.

I would think this is not the best solution because if the user already has access to the OnBase web/app server and it would otherwise need to be addressed from the OnBase side.  I had already thought the user had permissions to the images disk group.

Where and How is the correct solution for eliminating this problem?

Thank you and Seasons Greetings to Everyone!

7 REPLIES 7

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the post.

Could you post a screenshot of the error message you are referring?

Thanks.

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Michael,

After looking into this issue a bit more, this error is typically a permissions based message.  Depending on how your users are scanning/sweeping in documents into the system will determine what permissions are needed.  For instance, if you are utilizing the Thick Client, the user running the application would need to have read/write permission to the disk groups, however, if you are using a Core based application (ie the Unity Client or Web Client), the account performing impersonation or the identity account running the application server app pool identity account would need the same permissions.

Can you verify which client you are utilizing?

Thanks.

Michael_Snyder
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hey Adam!  Thanks for answering my post.  I believe I have found the answer under another post, with the similar response, HOWEVER your response is much more detailed in the two areas - thick client and web/unity client.  The user would be using the Thick client.  I believe you are correct in that I will need to get read/write/execute privileges to the disk group - albeit contact our network admin group for doing that.  I was hoping there was another way for achieving this resolution by tweaking and/or setting something on the actual Web/App server (we have both installed on the same virtual machine).  If there had been a way for achieving this via the actual server, that would have been optimal otherwise we would have to give all the permissions via the net admin.

What do you know about DDS?  I found the post under "When scanning, end users are receiving a message stating Error 40318: Unable to access destination diskgroup, please contace system administrator.  (Stephanie Burkhart - a Hyland employee). 

Is there any Hyland OnBase documentation/manual that describes the errror message number - in our case it was 15129? 

THANKS again and Happy Holidays Adam!

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

What version of OnBase are you using? Earlier versions did not support scanning into DDS disk groups, but this has been corrected for several versions now.