cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIP – OCR option not working with Full Page OCR

Kathy_Baumann
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Who is using the “OCR Files on Commit” option, Advanced tab in Document Import Processing (DIP)?  We have used this option without issues through version EP3 with “Batch OCR”.  Due to the sunsetting of Batch OCR, we tested this with Full Page OCR.  When testing, we found the OCR was no longer working.  Documents committed, but were left without the OCR/text rendition.  I opened a case and found out we were affected by SCR 323653 - OCR Files on Commit won't use Full-Page OCR.  This is supposed to have been fixed in 21.1.0.1000.  We are now testing Version 22.1.14 and find DIP’d documents are still not going through the OCR process.  Is anyone successful with this option?  Thought I’d check on Community before opening another case.  Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Mark_J_Baker
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@Kathy Baumann - We are running into this issue and currently on 21.1.20.1000. Did you open a case with Support?

@Mark Baker Hi Mark, Yes we did open a case with support, and what we determined is, that option no longer works.  I can't recall whether the option is now deprecated or is a bug that it is not working.  To get around it, we are now using Workflow to send the documents to OCR.   Action is "Queue document for OCR".  Hope that helps