cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode Recognition - not working for DISCO Scanning client

Not applicable

Hi there,

I'm trying to get barcode recognition working in disconnected scanning but it doesn't seem to be working.

I have it working on my thick client and it works fine but it doesn't seem to work on the disco scanning client.

On my thick client, I have -SCANAUTOBARCODE command line switch and I've tried using this switch with my disco scanning client and also I've tried the process without this switch and it makes no difference.

On my thick client I get an Awaiting Barcode Processing Queue whereas on my Disco Scanning client I don't get this.

I searched this issue in Ceros and Disco Scanning & Barcoding MRGs but I can't seem to find the fix for this problem. The only thing I can think of is that the MRG says that I need to have Hyland Barcode Recognition Software installed - I don't have this installed but I do have Pegasus installed. Am I correct that Pegasus does the same thing as Hyland Barcode Recognition Software?

Would be really great if I could get this working.

Thanks

Ahmed

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Not applicable

Hi Ahmed,

The Awaiting Barcode Processing Queue is not used in Disconnected Scanning but in the OnBase Client. If it is enabled on the scan queue, you can upload the batch from Disconnected Scanning and the batch will be sent to that queue for processing in the OnBase Client. You can have an instance of the client running with the -SCANAUTOBARCODE switch (or run it as a service) and it will process the batch automatically after it has been uploaded. The workstation with the OnBase Client running this would need the Barcode Recognition Server license.

You can read barcodes at scan time (with a scanner) in Disconnected but the Awaiting Barcode Processing Queue should be turned off on the scan queue in order to do this. Note that in order to use sweep and read barcodes you would still need the Awaiting Barcode Processing Queue.

Pegasus and the Hyland Barcode Recognition Software are the same. I'm going to look into clarifying the MRG.

Thanks!

Amanda

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

Hi Ahmed,

The Awaiting Barcode Processing Queue is not used in Disconnected Scanning but in the OnBase Client. If it is enabled on the scan queue, you can upload the batch from Disconnected Scanning and the batch will be sent to that queue for processing in the OnBase Client. You can have an instance of the client running with the -SCANAUTOBARCODE switch (or run it as a service) and it will process the batch automatically after it has been uploaded. The workstation with the OnBase Client running this would need the Barcode Recognition Server license.

You can read barcodes at scan time (with a scanner) in Disconnected but the Awaiting Barcode Processing Queue should be turned off on the scan queue in order to do this. Note that in order to use sweep and read barcodes you would still need the Awaiting Barcode Processing Queue.

Pegasus and the Hyland Barcode Recognition Software are the same. I'm going to look into clarifying the MRG.

Thanks!

Amanda

Laura_Fauchon
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Thanks for the information Amanda.  I agree that the MRG should be clarified.  I have been searching and testing over the course of a couple days now to figure out if barcoding can be configured to work with a sweep in disconnected scan client.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.