cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoFill Keyword Set Not Expanding in Adv. Capture

Teresa_Urvina
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I am trying to use Advanced Capture to index a document.  The primary keyword is the value I am capturing.  It should expand an afks, but it's not.  It is capturing the primary value consistently, with very low suspect level.  It does not contain multiple instances.  It is a simple and straightforward afks.  It is an external afks if that matters.  I have "expand all instances" selected at the AFKS level and I have "require AFKS expansion" on my form definition in adv. cap config.  I am using OnBase 18.  Can anyone help me with what I am missing to get the expansion to happen automatically?  I don't want my users to have go to indexing and hit "tab" for every document.  That kinda defeats the purpose.

Thanks a lot!

Teresa

4 REPLIES 4

Roger_Linhart
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

I've encountered this issue before with Advanced Capture. Is the Advanced Capture executed by a user or by a service? Does the user executing the Advanced Capture processor belong to a User Group that is associated with the AFKS?

Hi Roger,

I am currently executing Advanced Capture manually.  Once it is working correctly, I will use a service.  I checked and I am definitely in a group that is associated with the AFKS.  I have had zero luck so far in getting this AFKS to expand.

I looked up one of my old support issues. I was focused on the user running the Advanced Capture service but I suspect this applies to performing Advanced Capture in the OnBase (Thick) Client. The issue was related to the user running the service did not have permission to access the ODBC connection when attempting to expand the Autofill. There's probably a more granular approach but I added the user to local admins at which point the Autofill expanded properly. 

From my support issue:

Resolution

It was found that this user was not designated as a local admin on this problematic workstation. This is necessary for the ODBC to be used for the External Aufofill Keyword Set. After adding this the issue no longer occurred.

Roger,

Brilliant!!  It was indeed the ODBC connection.  I had recently moved my adv. capture license to a new server and forgot to set up the ODBC connection for the AFKS!  Thanks ever so much!  🙂  I really appreciate your input.  Have a super day!

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.