Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keywords Not Carrying After a Page is Deleted

Christy_Daly2
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hi everyone!

We are using Advanced Capture to index some very standardized pdfs. Each pdf contains a coversheet followed by a few different documents. The coversheet has all of the good indexing info we want and I have checked the box on that coversheet Advanced Capture form to carry those keywords to subsequent documents. Some batches include a page that we do not want to keep, so I've associated a form with that page and am using the option in a KW zone to delete the page.

When I sweep in pdfs that contain this page to be deleted, I am seeing that the keywords read from the first page are being applied to each document up until the deleted page (which is being deleted as expected), but then the rest of the documents identified in the pdf are missing the keywords. But, the Advanced Capture log states that they are being fully indexed and that an AFKS is being expanded, which is not the case:

>>Context Completion: successfully expanded autofill keyword set on document

>>Context Completion: document marked as fully indexed

Have you seen this behavior and can you think of a solution? 

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

aboucher
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Christy Daly,

Are you switching document_type when you sweep in this page to be deleted?

If so, this TKB may be of interest:

Keyword values are cleared from document during initial indexing if document type is changed

Description
When importing multiple documents, if the Document Type is changed after populating Keyword values, the Keyword values are cleared from the document.

Resolution
The expected behavior is that when importing multiple documents, if the document type is changed when indexing, keyword values are cleared from the document and must be entered again.

SCR #249956 was created to request a change that would retain keyword values from one document type if the document type was changed to one with the same keyword types. At this time, the SCR has been closed-Functioning to Spec as not carrying keywords from document type to document type is now intended functionality.

Here is also a related Idea.  You can Vote Up and add a comment for your use case if applicable.

Allow values for common keyword types to be maintained when switching document types within the impo...

I hope this helps!

~Alan

Hi Alan,

I have seen the behavior you are describing when I manually index documents, but in this case, I am not manually changing the doc type during indexing. In my example, when I sweep in a batch that contains the page to be deleted, the first few pages/documents in the batch inherit the keywords that are read from the first page during Advanced Capture, the page to be deleted is deleted, and all subsequent documents are missing the keywords, even though the documents are identified correctly by the A/C process and the log says they have been indexed. 

If I take that same original document and remove the page ( the one that is meant to be deleted during A/C) the original document is split into the correct document types during the A/C processing, the keywords are read from the first page, and those keywords are successfully carried to all documents in the batch. 

Thanks!

Update: I deleted the advanced capture form for the page that gets deleted and rebuilt it and now it is working as expected. I made certain to keep all the settings the same, so this is a bit of a mystery. But, thanks for your help! 

I am glad you got this working as you expected, @Christy Daly.

Cheers!

~Alan

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.