cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF417 Barcode Support in Unity?

David_Whelan
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

We are currently using the Thick Client to Scan, with a VB Script to parse the values from the PDF417 barcode into Keywords.   

If we move to Unity Client to scan, can we still use PDF417 barcodes?  If so, is there a configuration window to map the barcode values to Keywords, or will we need to write custom Unity Script code?  If scripting is needed, are there any examples available for the Unity Client?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

aboucher
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @David Whelan,

While researching your question, I discovered that your organization had a case open with Hyland Support.

I am sharing here that the answer provided is that PDF417 barcodes will need to use VBScripting.

Thanks!

~Alan

Yes, my first line support did pass on that response, but it seemed confusing.

Are you saying we can continue to use the VBScript we're already using in the Thick Client for the Unity Client... and that's supported by Hyland going forward?

Hi @David Whelan,

I am reaching out to the Tech Support Analyst to clarify the response.  I will let you know as soon as I get more information.

Thanks,

~Alan

aboucher
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @David Whelan,

We apologize for the misinformation, but after doing further research we discovered that you will not be able to use the VBScript that you are using already, however you can use an API script in the same way that the VBscript functions in the Thick Client.

Thanks,

~Alan

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.