cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Blob pass-through document levels?

Crystal_Silva
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

We are in the process of setting up our web blob pass-through into OnBase. Epic blob allows for some doc types to be either patient or encounter level. Wondering how we should build the corresponding doc types in OnBase. What document type levels have other customers used for their web blob passed documents? 

11 REPLIES 11

@Michelle Troxell Attaching a single Document Type to different attachment levels is very much possible - in Epic, and that's the core of Crystal's question. Keep in mind that we're all here talking about Crystal's situation.

In our situation, we have a handful of Document Types that are configured differently in the Registration Document Table than they are in the interface, so depending on the ingestion method the document may be attached to either the patient or the encounter in Epic. In OnBase, of course, the document is attached to a patient/encounter as configured in the Chart Context Document Types in Config. This has been annoying and caused problems with missing keyword values and some documents not moving after a Contact Move in Epic. I think it'll take a Hyland resource to jump in with an official recommendation, but from my own experience, my personal recommendation is to try and keep every Document Type attaching to a single attachment level and split them out as necessary. For example, we have a document type called "Notice of Non-Covered Service" and another called "Notice of Non-Covered Service Encounter" just to account for different registration workflows.

Unfortunately, we've chosen not to move forward with WBPT and I'm not finding any documentation from Epic or Hyland that specifies whether there should be a 1:1 relationship between Doc Types and Attachment Levels for WBPT to work.

Yvonne_Strickla
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Following...we're just kicking off SMART on FHIR and Webblob Passthrough will follow in the spring.

My current understanding of the scan levels....Patient level associated only to the MRN and viewable (for us) on Media Tab/Mgr, Encounter level is viewable Media Tab/Mgr plus attaches to the Encounter (link can be made available within Epic displayed Report/Print Groups), and Order Level again includes Media Tab/Mgr viewing, viewable from corresponding Tab (i.e. Cardiology, Imaging, etc) and paperclip link within Order/Result.   

Curious, is there a difference with "level" for Webblob Pasthrough? 

No, there is no difference when sending documents through the passthrough.  All the documents will have to built in Epic and OnBase and there is a different interface table that will be used specifically for the pass through.  

Brandee_Garr__M
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

@Crystal Silva you should build the documents the same in OnBase as you do in Epic.

So then let me ask you this question @Brandee Garr . If you have a document that is built at both encounter AND order level inside of Epic, how do you build it as both levels inside of OnBase? Just curious how you have approached this situation.