cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routing to a pool in Epic vs. specific provider

Mike_Saville
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

We currently have it setup where we can choose a specific provider for a document to get routed to during the indexing process.  We are wondering if there is a way to route to a pool in Epic vs. a specific provider.

5 REPLIES 5

Mike_Saville
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator
Anyone?

Rose_Nedrow
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ
Hello, Mike.

We are currently looking into this and will post the answer as soon as we can.

Thank you,
Rose Nedrow

Gabe_Keith1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello, Mike.

I believe theoretically this is possible.  I have not implemented it but I vaguely remember this being possible.  The Epic SER records can be configured for physician groups (I believe).  The SER record is the driver for the routing of documents.  To test this, I would talk to the SER folks and have them set one up.  First I would try to route the documents from within Media manager to make sure it works as expected.

I belive SER 2.1 is the routing number that gets stored as physician ID in OnBase.  Don't quote me on that, but a great place to look.  If it works within media manager you can set up the Physician Group as a Physician in OnBase with the appropriate data from Epic.  Rose would be a great person to confirm this prior to testing.

Hope that helps!

Gabe Keith, OCAPI

OnBase Consultant

Patty_Phillips
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
We have a specific document type that is routed to specific Epic pools. We pass the pool (EPIC HID Id) for this document type in our interface engine.
Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.