cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faxes coming into Affiliate Offices

Pam_Smith1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

How do you handle faxes that come into Affiliate offices?  Is there a way to bring them straight into Epic?  If so, how would they documents get filed to certain tabs in chart review. Our current clinic offices faxes print and then are scanned in through OnBase and linked to Epic to the appropriate chart tab in chart review. I was just wondering what other clinics processes are.

Thanks

Pam Smith

Deaconess Health System, Evansville, IN

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Eliki_Damuni
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

You can bypass printing if you can set a couple of things up first.  Use RightFax (or other eFax solution) where the fax goes straight to disk as a TIFF, PDF, etc,  OnBase then pulls/sweeps these files/faxes in to a holding queue where MA's perform the Indexing on this queue (associating the doc to an encounter, etc.)  They can also assign a deficiency here, if setup, and the MD gets it in their Epic Inbasket where they can then eSign/Ack a fax like a lab result.

The assumption is that you're running Epic Integration, of course.

Not sure if OnBase can request a CSN off Epic but that is my perceived caveat at this moment (OnBase 13).  Otherwise, it would seamlessly flow directly into Epic and we'll all live happily, ever after.

Good luck, Pam!

View answer in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Steve_McCune
Star Contributor
Star Contributor
Pam, can i get your email address? I think we may be able to help each other on multiple fronts. Steve

Eliki_Damuni
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

You can bypass printing if you can set a couple of things up first.  Use RightFax (or other eFax solution) where the fax goes straight to disk as a TIFF, PDF, etc,  OnBase then pulls/sweeps these files/faxes in to a holding queue where MA's perform the Indexing on this queue (associating the doc to an encounter, etc.)  They can also assign a deficiency here, if setup, and the MD gets it in their Epic Inbasket where they can then eSign/Ack a fax like a lab result.

The assumption is that you're running Epic Integration, of course.

Not sure if OnBase can request a CSN off Epic but that is my perceived caveat at this moment (OnBase 13).  Otherwise, it would seamlessly flow directly into Epic and we'll all live happily, ever after.

Good luck, Pam!

We do not currently have the Epic Signature Deficiencies for Ambulatory but this may be the best solution that we have

Your eFax solution can be configured to send the documents to a particular scan queue that those users can be granted access to index within. This way the documents will end up in Epic after indexing.
Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.