cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Integrated Scanning From Within Epic Using SAS at Documents Table

Theresa_Milling
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We upgraded to Epic 2015 in August.  Immediately following the upgrade some, not all, users began reporting issues with the integrated scanning at the documents table from within Epic.  This function is integrated with OnBase.

The issues below happen intermittently which makes it difficult to troubleshoot.  We have worked with Hyland (OnBase) Support almost continually on these issues.  We have looked at integration files, configuration files, error logs, diagnostics, etc.  Our Citrix is set up so that servers are imaged exactly the same, so that ruled out a "missed" server.  We were wondering if anyone else has experienced these issues with Epic version 2015 and OnBase.

•Users scan a document at registration, the document appears to have scanned correctly as pages are pulled through the scanner and displayed.  The documents immediately disappear instead of remaining on the screen to be "indexed" with the Index button.
•Insurance cards and Photo ID's are being "cropped".
•Pages are sometimes skipped when a multi-paged document is scanned.
•Color formats sometimes scan in B&W.

The really strange thing is that if users switch to B&W scan format the above issues do not occur.  Our IT System Admin isolated a single Citrix server and "unlocked" the scan format configuration on that server for me.  I created all new scan formats, including a new one for the ID's and cards.  I thoroughly tested without issue (however, the only issue I had ever been able to reproduce was the cropping of cards and ID's).  System Admins gave one of the end users who has issues more frequently, access to the server with the new formats on it.  She scanned a document using the color format and the document disappeared as soon as she scanned it.  She then switched to B&W format and was able to scan without issue.  Her ID's and cards are still cropping off.

Any suggestions for resolution would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Jessica_L_Maczi
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Theresa, were you able to resolve this issue?  We upgraded to 2015 on Monday and are currently experiencing this.

View answer in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Connor_Marment1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Have you looked at the version of Citrix Receiver the users having issues are on and made sure it is the latest version? Or have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Receiver for the problem users? I have seen odd issues with scanning into Epic, specifically scanning in color, and it has usually been caused by an older version of Receiver being installed. 

I agree with Conner, we upgraded Citrix receivers to 4.5 the other day and it negatively affected scanning from the document list. It would work the first time, but would not load the image after. Found in the release notes that 4.5 has issues with Twain drivers.

Theresa_Milling
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Connor and Kent -

Thank you for your replies. 

We are on Citrix Receiver version 7.6.  This was upgraded several weeks before the Epic go-live and tested without issue.  We did not experience issues until the morning of the Epic 2015 go-live. 

Further thoughts?

Thank you.

Theresa

Luke_Nguyen
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Do you know where the temp files during the scan are stored and does the user performing the scan have rights to that location?