Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic ROI Speed / Time to pull documents from OnBase

Anthony_Boyd
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has any metrics on how long it normally takes (or should take) to process an ROI request from Epic to OnBase.  We are on Epic 2012 and OnBase 12sp3.  The issue we are having is our HIM department is not satisfied with the time it's taking to pull the document(s) that are in OnBase, mostly with larger documents.  One example is we have a single 800 page document in OnBase that is part of a ROI request and it takes longer than 15 minutes to process so it failed since the Epic EPS servers timeout was set at 15 minutes.  We are having the timeout on the EPS server increased to address this but I'm just wondering if this is normal or if it should be quicker.  My initial though is this is normal since it's basically doing a virtual print on the EPS server but it new hurts to ask. 

Thanks

Anthony

3 REPLIES 3

Kim_Coxe
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Anthony,

After a quick test here using our test harness QA verified that a 000 page black and white document scanned around a 300dpi would take around 15 minutes to fully release. If you are releasing large documents/charts like this I would suggest a longer timeout window. However, as always, support is more than willing to dive in and help diagnose if there are improvements that can be made. If you would like help in documenting where slowness could be occurring to help speed up that process, please contact your first line of support and we can help diagnose if there are areas that we can help improve the timing of the ROI integration.

Thanks for the question!

Kathy_Hughes3
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

We had to adjust our time out for some of the larger historical backfile reports.

We also encountered issues with large color documents.  Those we moved to grayscale wherever possible  or PDF format if they don't require a signature.

Epic should also be able to help you they helped with the ROI server.  There were other printing issues that the Epic server analyst resolved with Epic.

Corinthia_Lill1
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hey Anthony!

Were you ever able to speed things up on the ROI side for your HIM group?

We are currently working on figuring out the pieces with ROI through Epic in order to speed up the overall process, particularly with larger charts/releases.

Currently we are on Epic 2015 and OnBase 16.

Any advice/information welcome! 🙂

Thanks,

Corinthia