cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting links to scans in Epic

Angele_Djogou
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

So I need to delete/remove the link to some documents in Epic.

Here is the background; the doc type is at the encounter level in OnBase but built at the Patient level in Epic. Epic has since corrected the level to match ours.

Now I just need to remove the link to the ones that are linked to patient level and resend them. There are so many of them, I did not want to send them via doc correction.

I am doing this via workflow, created a system task to trigger an MDM-T11 message to Epic to remove the link. I have used this before successfully. Unfortunately, it is not working for me this time. I can't understand why such a simple thing is not working. 

I was going to remove the link via T11 message, then send a T02 to relink, since they are already correctly indexed in OnBase.

Any ideas?

thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Dewey_Green
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

@Angele Djogou , I agree with everyone else that Bridges should give you the appropriate information. One thing to check in the meantime is which document type you are sending out in the T11. You need to make sure it's sending the old document type. Standard validation in Bridges will fail if the T11 document type doesn't match the document type of the link you're trying to delete. 

Angele_Djogou
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Thanks all!

Angele_Djogou
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@Michelle Troxell - did you add any other logic, such as looking for Related Documents, check for Filed in Error, etc., all those logic in Doc Corrections? Or just a T11 to remove link, followed by a T02. 

I have validated that the Doc Type being sent in TXA2 matches what is in Epic, but nothing seems to work.

thanks

Michelle_Troxel
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

@Angele Djogou were you able to look in Bridges to see if there were any error messages? Are you sure the message made it to Epic?

In the workflow task, I just have the Action Type of Send HL7 Message with the destination IP:port and the type of message of T11. I guess I didn't send a T02 for the particular workflow I was thinking about but we do that in the doc corrections workflow all the time. 

Michelle