cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link scanned EOBs to payments posted through electronic remittance posting

Peter_Bogaards
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Is it possible to scan in paper EOB’s into OnBase, move them to Epic and link them to payments for those EOB’s that are posted using ANSI 835 files created by converting paper EOB’s. Does anyone has experience with this?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Ediz_Tufekciog1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello Peter -

To match the payments documents that is Invoice or HAR level into existing 835 posted transactions, you need to add the OnBase image mnemonics to the RMO records in EPic. ( RMO- Remittance Options - masterfile) 

In Epic Text - Find the RMO records you use for 835 processing, and for each RMO records.

- Set DEfault PB/EB Image Mnemonic to = <your OnBase Mnemonic> - THis is for PB

For HB

In Epic Text - Find the RMO records you use for 835 processing, and for each RMO records.

- Set DEfault Hospital Billing  Image Mnemonic to = <your OnBase Mnemoic> 

This way any 835 transaction that has posted to EPic will know to get the documents from OnBase. And this will also create a "paper clip"  for each transaction posted like this. 

To retrieve the document from the paperclip. 

See below.

For 835 retrieval with DOCPOP on Paperclip

This will pass the Item 590 from your ETR - Transaction record in Epic to your OnBase query ID = 106 

Custom query ID is 106 in my example. KT163 is my HAR number keyword.  Or you can do the same for PB Invoice number.

View answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

You can definitely scan in paper EOB's into OnBase and then store inside of Epic. However, I am not the most fluent in the whole process other than OnBase sends over a ZBI message to Epic to do the work.

Here is a quick Hyland University Training video that you might find helpful. Otherwise, you can always reach out to your Account Manager to discuss and understand better.

Dewey_Hunt
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Peter:

What you ask is possible.

The paper EOBs need to be indexed to match the 835 source material and then one option is to create a Chronicles import to set items ETR 371/372 (PB) or HTR 900/910.

Alternatively links are automatically created if you are manually posting from the image sent from OnBase via the ZBI interface (something you wouldn't do if your Epic system has already imported the matching 835).

Otherwise, setting items ETR 371/372 (PB) or HTR 900/910 (HB) must be done programmatically. There are also TAR/HTT items to consider depending on your workflow.

Thank you Dewey that looks promising. How would you know to what ETR/HTR you would link that image to? Do you know by any chance of somebody who has done this?

I have done it, and my post show the Epic build. OnBae build is a custom query for HB and PB if you are doing both. HAR and Invoice keywords, Nothing fancy,

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.