cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FOS/Media Mgr scanning not deleting blanks

Michael_Wentzel
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Has anyone run into FOS/Media Mgr scanning not deleting blank pages for users? Strange thing is, I as the OnBase Admin have this working for me when logged in and scanning in Epic FOS/Media Mgr. We have researched all the temp file locations as well as the config file to see if there is any obvious Windows security differences but have not identified any. Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Eliki_Damuni
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hey Michael, I vividly recall facing a similar issue and believe the fix was in the scan format settings;

Let me know how it goes, please.  Good luck!

Michael_Wentzel
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

We are set up completely differently - end users do not have access to twain settings, all controlled with single FOSCONFIG file. What I did discover is that they changed the file type that the image is now captured from .tiff (v14 our old version) to jpg. (v17 our current version) As you can imagine this has caused issue with our blank page threshold settings (can't find the sweet spot) as we as increased storage concerns. I have been told that by adding the imagepng="true" option in the FOS config file that these images will be captured as .png but have not been able to get this to function.

Any input you have would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hello Michael,

We are also having issues with blank page detection in FOS as launched from Epic. Our FOS Config file specifies a "blankthreshold" value of 2000. Scanning a 22-page double-sided packet containing 7 blank pages gives us 22 thumbnails in the FOS window when launched from Epic.

However, when I launch native FOS against the same database using the same EPICFOSCONFIG.XML file, it drops the 7 blank pages without issue, using the same document set with the same physical scanner (Fujitsu fi-7160). I realize it's two different executables (Epic vs. standalone FOS), which may be at the heart of the issue. It seems like the Epic Integration FOS instance is ignoring blank page detection.

I'm interested to know if there are any other Epic / FOS users out there experiencing the same issue, or have experienced the same issue?

We are running OnBase 15.0.3.296.

Michael_Wentzel
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I worked with my first line support and was able to get the imagepng="true" code added to the correct location within the FOSCONFIG file: <FOSCONFIGURATION imagepng="true". This allowed me to adjust the blank page threshold more effectively since the file sizes were more in line with tif format. Hopefully this helps Nick.

Mike W