cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting links to scans in Epic

Angele_Djogou
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

So I need to delete/remove the link to some documents in Epic.

Here is the background; the doc type is at the encounter level in OnBase but built at the Patient level in Epic. Epic has since corrected the level to match ours.

Now I just need to remove the link to the ones that are linked to patient level and resend them. There are so many of them, I did not want to send them via doc correction.

I am doing this via workflow, created a system task to trigger an MDM-T11 message to Epic to remove the link. I have used this before successfully. Unfortunately, it is not working for me this time. I can't understand why such a simple thing is not working. 

I was going to remove the link via T11 message, then send a T02 to relink, since they are already correctly indexed in OnBase.

Any ideas?

thanks

8 REPLIES 8

CurtisFox
Employee
Employee

Hi @Angele - can you please expound on what specifically is not working? Are the HL7 messages going out from OnBase, but the link still appears in Epic? If so, are the messages erroring out in Epic? Are the messages failing to queue in the first place (i.e., appear in the HL7 Event Log)? Or are they in the HL7 Event Log but failing to send? There are multiple breakpoints along the way and understanding where that is will help folks provide better answers/suggestions. Thanks!

Angele_Djogou
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@Curtis Fox - thanks for the quick response.

Yes, the messages are going out of OnBase, as I can see in the HL7 Event Log, and in zSYS Outbound HL7 message, however the link still appears in Epic. 

I have reached out to our interface programmer to see if they are falling in Epic. 

I will know more when I hear back from the interface programmer. 

In the meantime, any ideas of the best way to remove these documents.  Can you think of a best way to remove them?

Does anyone have any other way/workflow task/system team to remove them?

thanks

CurtisFox
Employee
Employee

@Angele - I updated this post to a discussion since that will flow better with the type of communication we're having. 🙂

What you're doing is the only way I am aware of to delete links in Epic, particularly if you have a number of them to clean up. Someone else may have more experience with the Epic side of things to chime in, though. If the messages are going to Epic just fine and you're using the same T11 message template for this process that worked for your previous processes, I'm guessing there is something that your Epic team will need to help with. 

Michelle_Troxel
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

I have used this method in the past with the T11 and then the T02 and it worked well. I bet there is an error message in Bridges that will reveal more information on why it didn't work. 

Michelle