cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template tab in Word

Jessica_Gutshal
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

We are upgrading from v18 to EP3.  I am trying to install the upgraded version on our testing machine and after reviewing the MRG, I believe that I've installed everything, but I am not seeing the tab in Word.  We are running Word 16 via Office 365.

I installed both Document Composition and Word 2016 (x64).  I enabled the Word 2016 & Template Builder in the Word installation.

I checked the Add-Ins and I don't see the Doc Comp add in in the COM Add Ins list nor do I see it in the Disabled Items list.

The dependencies folder has been created.

What else am I missing?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Jessica_Gutshal
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Please disregard this question.

I had to download Office Integration 2016 x86 instead of x64.  Once I reinstalled, the template builder tab now shows.

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jessica_Gutshal
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Please disregard this question.

I had to download Office Integration 2016 x86 instead of x64.  Once I reinstalled, the template builder tab now shows.

Which version of word you were on - 32 bit or 64 bit? I think it drives which version you have to install. Is that correct?

Thanks!

That's correct.  I thought I was on the 64-bit, but I checked again and it was 32-bit.  When I uninstalled the x64 install and installed the x86 install, the template builder tab was visible in Word.

Thanks, @Jessica G