cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template Builder Install Error

Israel_Cordero1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I'm Trying to install the Template Builder for OnBase 16.0.2.71 and office 365 (16.0.12527.20170)32. Every time I try to do the install its giving me this error. "This application requires the 32bit version of Microsoft Office 2016".  Office is already 32 bit. I've heard there is a workaround on command line with some switches.  What are does switches to force the install?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Israel_Cordero1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Resolution: I found the switch

msiexec /i "Hyland Office 2016 Integration x86.msi" SKIPLAUNCHCONDITIONS=true

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Israel_Cordero1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Resolution: I found the switch

msiexec /i "Hyland Office 2016 Integration x86.msi" SKIPLAUNCHCONDITIONS=true

Israel,

In your build of the software the switch is required. Starting in build 16.0.2.104 the switch is no longer required.

The underlying issue is the prerequisite check to validate the proper version of Office was changed by Microsoft and made our installation check invalid. As a temporary workaround the SKIPLAUNCHCONDITIONS flag was added to turn off the check. Once enough feedback was gathered, the installers were changed to no longer require the switch and all Office product version checks were disabled. This now means users can install any version of the add-in against any version of Office, even if they are incompatible and will not properly load.