cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placeholders within Fragments add line feeds before and after when the document is composed.

David_Pearson
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I am having a formatting problem when inserting Placeholders in a Fragment.  When the letter is composed, Placeholders within Fragments have line feeds before and after them.  How can I prevent these line feeds?

14 REPLIES 14

Here is the updated link to the whitepaper: Working with Fragments - Location Matters Whitepaper

Marissa_Painter
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise
Richard,

Have you found a fix for this yet? I am having the same issue.

Can_Ergin
SME
SME

Could you please try the following steps:
1. Select the fragment by clicking on the "Fragment" tag on the upper left edge of the fragment. This action should select the entire fragment and its content.
2. Once selected, use the shortcut key Ctrl+X to cut the selected text. The rectangle surrounding the fragment will disappear.
3. Without moving the caret on the page, immediately paste the fragment in the same location using the shortcut key Ctrl+V.
4. Save template and test compose.

Thank you,

This did not remove the new line that gets created after my placeholder inside the fragment. I have tried this multiple times and I still have an extra line showing after the placeholder in my fragment. Has anyone done anything else to make this work correctly?

Louis_Vandevend
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I have tried cutting the fragment and then pasting it back, and it still adds the extra line (newline) after the placeholder inside the fragment. What else can be done?