cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placeholders within Fragments add line feeds before and after when the document is composed.

David_Pearson
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I am having a formatting problem when inserting Placeholders in a Fragment.  When the letter is composed, Placeholders within Fragments have line feeds before and after them.  How can I prevent these line feeds?

14 REPLIES 14

Tony_Maimone
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi David,

I would first try deleting the instance of the placeholder from the fragment and reinserting it into the fragment using the Template Builders Insert Placeholder button. Sometimes newline characters do not get properly removed when moving a placeholder around. If that doesn't resolve your issue, I would contact your first line of service and they can take a better look into the issue.

Thank you,

Carolyn_Kane
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator
David,
Just as an aside, make sure you have the Paragraph Marker revealed and I also recommend using Design Mode (in the Developer tab) to troubleshoot any problems with Fragments. It's very helpful.

To easily turn on or off the formatting marks, such as paragraph markers, hold CTRL+SHIFT and then tap 8 on the number row above the letters.

CTRL+SHIFT+8 toggles formatting marks on and off in Word and Outlook.

Richard_Chambe1
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise