cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fragments that contain check boxes are adding a carriage return before and after the check boxes. The carriage returns are not in the fragment. Has anyone seen this before?

Kimberly_Belang
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I have created a fragment to insert check boxes into a document. It is adding carriage returns before and after the check boxes. Has anyone had this issue before? I am using Onbase 15. I have turned formatting. The fragment does not have carriage returns. My document does not have carriage returns. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kimberly

3 REPLIES 3

Seth_Yantiss
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Doc Comp formatting problem are a PLAGUE!

After years of "WHAT?!?!?" I've started a policy of simply deleting everything in a template, (CTRL+A, DEL) and recreating data without ANY copy/paste.

It often really sucks!  But it is the most effective in getting the template to generate correctly and in the end, that's all I care to accomplish.

I'd start by clearing the fragment completely, saving it, then adding a checkbox.  Save that and see how it goes.  If there are still CR's being added, add this fragment to a new blank template and see if the CR's are there too.   Probably not.  IF not then the problem is with the parent.  Clear out everything around the placeholder, save and re-add the placeholder.

my 2cents...

Hi Seth,
Thank you for your response and your suggestions. Sorry for responding so late. Yes the formatting does seem to be very difficult.
I have tried your suggestions and I still keep getting carriage returns around the check boxes.
Thank you again.
Kimberly

Tharon_Rivera
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Welcome to Fun with Fragments!

There are 3 variations of fragments you could try and you may find you get different results depending on which one you use:

Local Fragment

Another document (containing only checkbox)

A fragment inside of another document

I have one fragment document with a bunch of fragments inside that are used elsewhere.  In this document, I typed a note directly after one of these fragments that says "This text is inserted here to stop the Line Breaks".  Apparently, whatever version I was using at the time must have had an issue similar to what you described and this must have resolved it.

It's kind of a trial and error process getting certain things to do what you want when it comes to fragments especially.