Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Pass A Unity Form Value To A Doc Comp Placeholder

Keith_Malek1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello All,

I have a unity form with the field ID txtTesting1. When the Unity form is submitted it goes through workflow and composes a document in Doc Comp. I would like it to put the values entered in txtTesting1 into a placeholder on the Doc Comp document but I can not figure out how to do this.

I've tried using the Type = Eform Value with the Value = txtTesting1 with no luck.

I can through it into a property in the workflow but I don't know how to reference that property value in Doc Comp.

I also don't want to save it to a keyword I would have to create a keyword type for every value and that would be a lot when all is said and done.

Any ideas or help would be great.

Keith

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Keith_Malek1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

The answer is that you can in 16 but none of the previous versions.

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Andrew_de_Graaf
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I had the same issue and I found that after making the change to the placeholder I needed to "Save" the template before I could test it.

Thank you for the advice but the template has been saved multiple times over the last week. In the metadata did you use eform and the value being the form ID of the field in the unity form?

Just to be clear... is it an e-form or a Unity form? They are different. An e-form we used the "ID" of the field. If you are pulling from a Unity form then you need to specify the placeholder comes from a Unity form field.
We just purchased Doc Comp so I'm learning also. I haven't done any Unity forms yet but I have successfully pulled from an e-form.

This is a Unity form.