cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doc Comp save options

Rachael_Stewart
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

At present, we have a complicated system in workflow that creates some documents from templates. One of my projects is to replace that with Doc Comp generated documents.

I am running into a cliff with one of the Doc Comp generated doc types. I have an old and finicky software program that can call onbase to print some files. This software cannot print Word or PDF files. I have already started saving all Doc Comp files as TIF, which is fine as long as the TIF is a single-page image. However, any multipage documents are being saved as a multipage TIF, and my old and finicky program won't print more than the first page.

The current workflow configuration that creates from template uses the "copy document" action type as its base. "Copy Document" saves the template source as a set of TIFs - one per page. I presume that that works because the original is saved in the same manner.

All this brings me to my question: can Doc Comp save a file as several TIF images instead of just one? If it can, how do I set it up? 

1 REPLY 1

Tony_Maimone
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi Rachel,

Thank you for using Community.

Document Composition creates documents as a Word Docx, Adobe PDF, or as a TIFF image. Those TIFF documents are created as a multipage TIFF and there is not a configurable way to change this within Document Composition. If you would like to see this functionality added to the product, please contact your first line of support to create an enhancement Software Change Request.

You may want to look into the Workflow action "Doc - Split Document" which will split the pages into multiple documents. This may not be exactly what you are looking for.

Thank you,